Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Salsa – Perfect for Super Bowl
Super Bowl XVLII is upon us. Time to gear up for all the crazy parties—paint your face, get your jersey on, do whatever frat-boy style game-day ritual you need to, but don’t forget the food! That’s my favorite part… well, that, great beer, and hilarious commercials.
Our sweet and spicy pineapple salsa is perfect on game-day, or any other day really. It’s super quick and easy, ready in under 15 minutes, and is sure to be a hit at the party! We made some healthy, baked tortilla chips to go along with it, so we’ll be posting that recipe soon too!
Oh yeah… GO NINERS!!!
Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Salsa
- 1 28 oz. can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup pineapple, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño, roughly chopped (2nd optional)
- 1 Anaheim pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro (more or less to taste)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Pinch cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and quickly pulse until you get the consistency you like. Taste and add another jalapeño if you want it more spicy.
- Best served cold, so place in an airtight container and refrigerate for a couple of hours. You can serve immediately if needed, but refrigerating will allow the flavors to properly meld together. Will keep in refrigerator for several days.
Copyright Â© 2012 Funk*n Foodies