Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies – How to Make
We love the holiday season for a many reasons: good company, great food, tasty drinks, and… COOKIES! The oven gets a lot of use around the holidays baking sweets for dessert, treats for friends and family, or for yourself–if they even make it to the oven, that is! Cookie dough on a spoon is my fav!
I love red velvet cupcakes so much, I figured, what the hell… let’s try cookies! And on the 7th day, there was red velvet crinkle cookies! Dip ‘em in milk, give ‘em to friends, eat the whole batch by yourself! Who cares! That’s another great thing about the holidays, right? *wink*
Happy holidays, and enjoy!
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, for rolling the cookies
- Cookie cutter (optional, if you want to make festive shapes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and flour. Whisk until lumps break apart.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together cake mix, flour, eggs, oil and vanilla extract, until smooth.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of dough and form into a ball. Roll the ball in powdered sugar until fully coated. Place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are set and cookies begin to crack.
- Let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes.
- Cut cookies into festive shapes using optional cookie cutter.
- Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Copyright Â© 2012 Funk*n Foodies
What is your favorite holiday sweet? Let us know in the comments below!