Healthy Jalapeño-Lime Tacos Recipe
Get ready, folks… it’s TACO TUESDAY! I LOVE Taco Tuesday. There are so many different ways to make tacos—beef, pork, carnitas, fish—and with all the different toppings you can add, you can have a different style for every day of the week! Plus, you have an excuse to drink a bunch of margaritas with ‘em… like you really need an excuse to drink on a Tuesday.
Here’s a recipe for healthy jalapeño-lime tacos made with ground turkey. They’re lite, healthy, and packed with flavor with just the right amount of kick. In this recipe I decided to avoid topping them with all the cheese and sour cream, and went with a fresh homemade pico de gallo… what I’m lacking in calories from the toppings, I’m sure I’ll be making up for with cerveza! But feel free to go nuts with your favorite toppings.
Let us know how you like to eat your tacos, and what you decided to top yours with! Enjoy!
Get the recipe for our fresh and easy pico de gallo here!
Healthy Jalapeño-Lime Tacos
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, diced
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice from 1 small lime
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Pinch of Cotija cheese, for garnish
- 1-2 avocados, cubed
- Favorite tortillas to wrap them in
- Saute ground turkey in large skillet until brown.
- Add Worcestershire, garlic, jalapeños, cumin, cayenne, red pepper, salt, pepper, and lime juice and lower heat to simmer another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and assemble with favorite tortillas/toppings.
- Top with a handful of avocado cubes, garnish with cilantro and cotija
- Serve with some cold cerveza or margaritas! :)
I topped mine with some home made pico de gallo (recipe will be posted tomorrow).
I used Mission® Flaxseed & Blue Corn Blend Artisan Style Tortillas this time... crazy delicious!!
Also, once I forgot to buy Cotija cheese, so I used a little parmesan and it turned out great as well!
To keep it healthy, I avoided using a lot of cheese, sour cream, etc., but feel free to add whatever topping you'd like to yours.
Copyright Â© 2012 Funk*n Foodies